Life is tough. You need Jesus. This blog will point you to Him. For hope when you feel hopeless. For help when you feel helpless. For love when you feel loveless.

Thursday, January 5, 2023

A Favorite Picture

Even though it's January 5th, it's still Christmas! The Christmas season in the church is 12 days. (That's where the well-known song came from.)

I thought I would share one of my favorite pictures of the Nativity with you . . .


Most pictures of Jesus's birth focus on Mary with Joseph in the background. This one (from Concordia Publishing House) shows Joseph delightedly holding Jesus with Mary sleeping - since she had just given birth! Maybe because I am a father, I like this perspective.

Do you have a favorite picture of Jesus' birth? Why is it your favorite? What a wonder, that God would do this for us, come as a tiny baby to be our Saviour by ultimately giving that life up for us on the cross. What love! Love for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment